A brief essay on the 100-year history of the Department of Architecture, written by Alistair Fair, was published in the Spring 2013 issue of C20 Magazine, the regular publication of the Twentieth Century Society. The essay pays particular attention to the Department's 1959 extension, designed by Colin St John Wilson and Alex Hardy, which was recently listed by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport.
Meanwhile the next issue of the Twentieth Century Society's refereed journal, to be sent to members and subscribing institutions in summer 2013, will be guest-edited by Otto Saumarez Smith from the Department of History of Art with regular editors Elain Harwood and Alan Powers. Its theme will be Oxford and Cambridge in the twentieth century, with a number of present and former staff and graduates of the Department contributing articles.
To download the article by Alistair Fair click here.