skip to primary navigationskip to content
 

Undergraduate overview

Admissions image 2

At Cambridge we believe that creativity, curiosity and strong intellectual grounding are fundamental aspects of undergraduate architectural education. Our innovative design programme, delivered by tutors working at the cutting edge of contemporary architecture, is balanced by outstanding teaching in the history and philosophy of architecture, contemporary culture and urbanism, as well as construction, structural design and environmental design.

The core of our teaching is carried out in our studio where you’ll have your own dedicated design space. You’ll be supervised on your design projects individually by tutors who draw from their extensive experience as practicing professional architects.

Studio work accounts for 60% of the overall marks each year with the remaining 40% coming from essays, coursework and exams in the academic side of the programme. Teaching for the academic course is carried out through lectures and supervisions (small group classes in which you can discuss your work in depth with teaching staff on a weekly basis).

Successful completion of our undergraduate course in architecture also signifies the award of RIBA/ARB Part 1, your first stage in qualifying as an architect.

Watch the course film

 

Questions about studying Architecture at Cambridge? Email